CI World for Food
CI World tracks and manages food assets as they move along the supply chain.
Pressure from consumers encourages retailers to seek produce from those growers and processors who can prove the traceability of their food – equally governments are likely to tighten legislation on the traceability of foodstuffs in the future.
CI World can help producers to meet the increasing need for traceability demanded by their customers and by government legislation. Unique challenges exist in the monitoring and control of complicated food supply chains. Being able to prove not only the provenance of produce but also the journey taken to transition from farm through factory to consumer has become a key need for business. With CI World, producers and processors have a technology platform that will address these challenges.
Management information system for food supply chain management
The individual modules of CI World are uniquely adapted to provide a full management information system for food production:
- CI Earth for Field Mapping
- TracElite for Supply Chain (Chain of Custody) Monitoring
- CI Author for storing, producing and managing documents relating to assets being monitored in CI World
- CI Audit for data validation and reconciliation
In the food sector, CI World can provide significant improvements to the food production management process by:
- Enhancing remote stock control and visibility
- Reducing stock losses due to poor quality, crop deterioration or transportation issues
- Improving the speed and accuracy of crop inventory taking
- Increasing manufacturing conversion through enhanced field and store quality control
- Minimizing waste in the field, store and factory
- Mitigating risk for purchasers
Click on image to enlarge.